Rise | A Community Service Partnership
PO Box 88, 116 North Main Street, Hightstown
Through community partnerships and direct assistance, Rise helps residents of the Hightstown-East Windsor area who are struggling to build or maintain self-sufficiency. Rise empowers clients to resolve immediate crises, meet basic needs and achieve long-term growth. By providing support for local families, Rise strengthens our community as a whole.
Rise relies heavily on an ever-growing network of dedicated volunteers. Programs include a year-round food pantry, an annual health and wellness fair, a summer enrichment day camp, an “Adopt-a-Family” holiday food and gift program, and the Greater Goods Thrift Store. All of these thrive on community support! Help with fundraising, special events, office work, and public relations is also needed on a regular basis.
To find out more about Rise, make a donation, or apply to volunteer, please call (609) 443-4464 or visit www.njrise.org
Better Beginnings Child Development Center
318 North Main Street, Hightstown
Founded in 1967, Better Beginnings is a non-profit 501-c(3) child care center and preschool that provides affordable care for working families in the Hightstown-East Windsor area of Mercer County, NJ. It has been consistently evaluated as an “excellent and innovative” program by state, county, and peer organizations.
Better Beginnings is licensed by the State of New Jersey, and has a contract with the State of New Jersey for a number of learning spaces.
Better Beginnings provides:
- A full-day program for children, open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- A developmentally appropriate multicultural, bilingual curriculum with activities based on individual needs and learning styles, promoted by a dedicated professional staff.
- Outside activities using a Play Yard, nearby parks, discovery walks and excursions.
- Nutritious breakfast, hot lunch and snacks.
- Priority given to protective service children, working parents, special needs, and ESL students.
- Social Skills Development, including enhancing self-image, independence, respect for self and others, friendship, choice-making, and conflict resolution.
- Opportunities for volunteerism and contributions to an invaluable community organization.
To find out more about Better Beginnings, make a donation, or apply to volunteer, please call (609) 448-6226 or visit www.princetonol.com/groups/bbcdc/.